- Countries affected
- Most exploited Operating Systems
- Reference domains with the highest percentage by which vulnerabilities are exploited
- Browsers exploited
- Pre-compiled exploits in this version of the package
In the former case, the population of which country is more vulnerable, perhaps because of their level of piracy, which brings to attention the lack of security updates for operating systems and applications, because as we will see to reach exploits, all these are known and have long been concerned with the patch that fixes the vulnerability.
In this case, the first five countries where this crimeware has higher infection rate include the United States, Britain, Canada, Russia and Germany.
For example, the vulnerability in MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) from the year 2006 (four years), described in Microsoft Official Bulletin MS06-014. The impact on operating systems have this version of crimeware, we can see in the picture below.
However, the crimeware cover other non-Windows operating systems, including PlayStation consoles (GNU / Linux or Black Rhino) and Nintendo Wii (ironically a modified version of a GNU/Linux), in the case of OS used and Workstations high-end mobile phones, including:
- Mac OS
- Windows Mobile
- Windows CE
- Pocket PC
- Symbian OS
Regarding references, involving nearly 28.000 domains where each of them redirect to another page with malicious content or at least doubtful as:
- Pornographic Pages
- Scareware propagation (or rogue) and other types of malicious code - c76a8a1171f5ae82a647ddda7071db1f - 5050804b1eea9e175c6a47e6589d36c4 -
- Search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, yadex)
- Online Pharma
- Online Casinos
Moreover, the list is very large as it details the most violated browsers together with their respective versions, they are:
- Internet Explorer since version 4 through 8
- Firefox from version 1.0.3 to 3.6b4
- Opera from version 6.0 to 10.0
- Opera for Mobile
- Safari browser
- PlayStation (Firefox)
- Pocket PC
- SeaMonkey 1.1 and 2.0 (Mozilla Suite, which includes a web browser)
- Nintendo browser
- IPhone Browser
- Mobile Phone Browser (Internet Explorer)
- Chrome from version 1.0 to 6.0
The most exploited, Java GSB. Less exploited vulnerabilities are those of Adobe Reader PDF files through manipulated.
Imagine this data to run campaigns on a "virtual guerrilla war", even to understand the variety of OS environments used in military/government and analyze well the best place to carry out DDoS attacks against critical resources of a State. The thing does not seem so trivial.
Founder & Director of MalwareIntelligence
Crimeware & Intelligence Analyst Researcher
Crimeware-as-a-Service and antivirus evasion schemes
Russian service online to check the detection of malware
Software as a Service on the malware industry
Creating Online PoisonIvy based polymorphic malware Ver más